(CLICKING ON A PICTURE WILL ENLARGE IT.)

(CLICKING ON A PICTURE WILL ENLARGE IT.)

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Annie Gaddy's Fabulous Shortbread Recipe

This Scottish shortbread recipe was given to me when I was in school in Switzerland. My fellow students came from all over the world, and my friend, Julie, was from Scotland.

This is a family recipe Julie received from her great-grandmother,
and I've been making it since 1977. Enjoy.

4 c. flour
1 lb butter (room temperature)
1 c. sugar
1 T cornstarch

Sift flour, sugar & cornstarch and add to butter. Knead with hands.
Press into a large cookie sheet. Cut in squares and prick each square
twice with a fork. Chill for half an hour in the freezer. Slide tray into
oven preheated to 375. Bake for 5 minutes, and reduce heat to
300 degrees to bake for 40 minutes more.

1 comment:

  1. These are delicious! Annie gave us each leftovers and Tom savored each and every bite. Thank you Annie!

    ReplyDelete